Monday 3 December 2012

Folks - Say Something

I was sent a track by Folks the other day... it was good, but this isn't it.  I found this little ditty when I decided to explore further and I'm glad I did, because what we have here in Say Something  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mkw_3QUSrcg is a perfect slice of northern pop. 

Folks have been around a few years, although I See Cathedrals, released 28 September 2012 is their debut album.  Having just listened to snippets, I can hear bits of The Feeling crossed with The Black Crows, a bit of The Beatles at their most poppy and Noel Gallagher.  Noel is a fan incidentally, and Folks supported his band, The High Flying Birds, last year. 

Currently supporting Band of Skulls, they are at Nottingham tonight and have still to play at Manchester (their home town), Birmingham, London, Northampton and Southampton.  It should be a good show. 

You can get two or three free tracks if you visit their website and Facebook pages, which is a shame in a way, because it could deter the lazy from buying the whole album.  But then again, if it gets them heard and played, that can't be a bad thing.  I look forward to hearing more from these guys in the future. 


http://www.wearefolks.com/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment