Monday 26 November 2012

The Family Rain - Trust Me... I'm a Genius

So who are The Family Rain?  Well, they are three brothers, but they don't sound anything like the Beach Boys or the Bee Gees.  The sound they make is powerful, grip-you-by-the-ears type pop.  Take this track for instance, Trust Me... I'm A Genius  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DXYzrsJAJQE  which is all fuzzy guitars and screechy vocals (for which I'm a bit of a sucker).  They hail from Bath... and that's about all I can tell you because there isn't much out there on the world wide web... except to mention that they were recently on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch (no, I didn't catch that either) and played in the Swn Festival during October.  This single came out on 19th November and there is also mention of an album, hopefully completed by February, so I will be keeping a lookout for that. 

So to end that meagre posting may I suggest you just listen to the song itself.  Which at 2 minutes 12 seconds isn't going to take too long.  Unless, like me, you decide to play it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment