Friday 9 November 2012

Robert Vincent - Riot's Cry


Robert Vincent, at the time of writing, has just released Riot's Cry http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e2ja1KUZMlY,  a wonderful 3min 45seconds of jangly guitar and strangled vocals that sounds, well, oh so Liverpool... and I love it!

Liverpool is blessed at the moment in having so many good artists around.  Wander into many of the small bars and cafes on any evening and you can see a fantastic range of singer-songwriters, musicians and bands.  I haven't seen Robert play live yet, but I may just go to Leaf on Bold Street on 29th November when he is on with the wonderful Dave O'Grady and White Bicycles.

Robert has been described by Q magazine as being a "searingly honest Liverpool singer-songwriter whose mix of folk, rock and country is like a Mersey Van Morrison or a Scouse Springsteen".  I'm not sure about that description but I'm certainly eager to hear more.  Thankfully I won't have long to wait.  He has an album due for release early in the new year called Life In Easy Steps which is also the title of his next single,

Says Robert "I’ve done the whole thing of trying to be what people want me to be.  And in the end I just thought I’ve had enough of this. The songs I’ve written now, some of them sound like Johnny Cash and some of them like 50s rock’n’roll – but they’re what I wanted to write. And the funny thing is, the more honest I am the better people like it."

You can hear more of Robert's work on http://soundcloud.com/robertvincentmusic, including sessions on BBC London and BBC 5 Live.


http://robertvincentmusic.com/












No comments:

Post a Comment