Friday 1 March 2013

Temples - Shelter Song

Ever have one of those bands you hear on the radio and think "Hmm, they sound interesting.  Must check them out."  And you never do and you then completely forget about them?  Sadly it happens to me frequently, but in the case of Temples, I was lucky to get a second chance because their track Shelter Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs4i41cOv0s  turned up again on a free cd I received with a music magazine.  So with a track and a full page article, I wasn't likely to forget again.  And they are currently working on an album which is great news as I definitely want to hear more.

Temples call their sound "neo-psych" rather than psychedelia and have fans in high places (Robert Wyatt, Johnny Marr and Suede).  I've just had a look through their Facebook page and their musical selection is good - Can, Flamin' Groovies, Kevin Ayers, Pink Floyd, Love, John's Children - no surprise, listening to them of course.  It's all in there.  Actually I'm still scrolling because.... ah!  Found it!!!  The Zombies and A Butchers Tale.  Knew it would be in there!

Speaking of The Zombies, listen to the B side to Shelter Song,  Prisms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOPB5dXgrPA  See what I mean?






No comments:

Post a Comment