Monday 9 April 2012

Alabama Shakes - I Found You

Remember this band?  I posted one of their songs on here (Hold On) in November last year after hearing their ep.  At last their long-awaited album, Boys and Girls, has been released to huge hype and acclaim (all of it deserved).  The first thing I did on waking this morning was to download it.  And here is another track for you, I Found Youhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnVSUH6_oBY

If you like to try before you buy, it is available to stream on the Guardian and NPR websites or you can watch them performing live on YouTube. 

Interestingly the band have only just given up their full time jobs (Brittany Howard was a postwoman and Steve the drummer worked at a local nuclear power plant) to concentrate on music full time.  They find this really scary but I don't think they need worry.  Although the music business is notoriously fickle, I can't see that this band will go unnoticed.  Brittany's voice is impossible to ignore and already the word is out and the press are banging at their door.  So forget Adele and Lana del Ray.  This is the real deal.  Watch this space. 

http://www.alabamashakes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment