Friday 10 February 2012

David Fisher - Valentine

The track Valentine isn't on the album Honeytrap by David Fisher but I think I might well take a listen to the album if this track is anything to go by. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCfKs8MoYcU
I posted the album cover here mainly because I am a huge 1970s fan and the Look-In inspired art c/o Nick Spender caught my eye.  Fisher is a big 1970s fan too according to his website,  and the album is apparently littered with references to that decade... but I haven't listened yet so we will have to return to this another time because I am posting another track for now.

It is nearly February 14th and, although I wasn't actually looking for an appropriate song to mark the occasion, this popped up and it is pretty good.   According to Fisher, it began life as a Tom Waits style blues song until drummer Steve Creese completely changed it into what we have here during one of their sessions. 

David Fisher appears to be an interesting guy.  At the beginning of his career, he was quite happy to get out there and do his own marketing and performs as often as possible to promote his promo cd which was on his own label.  He has performed alongside some great session musicians and also John Cooper Clarke (respect!)  He has, amongst other things, co-written and performed a tv theme (for ITV's Stan the Man) and produced a children's nursery rhyme cd.  In fact, his biography seems to reveal someone who doesn't stand still for long.

http://www.summerislerecords.com/davidfisher/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment