Sunday 6 November 2011

Mozart Parties - Black Cloud


This newly released track by Mozart Parties, Black Cloud, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ES9ScO_6I certainly benefits from repeated playings.  I decided I liked it enough to feature it on here and then kept playing it while looking on YouTube and various music sites.  Before long I was hooked on the gentle vocals, subtle harmonies and, most of all, that wonderful bassline. 

Mozart Parties, aka James Bennet, began songwriting when he moved from London to the Lake District and became inspired by his surroundings. This track is self-released but listening to other tracks on MySpace and elsewhere I am certain he won't remain unsigned for long.  And although this song concerns depression, I find it strangely uplifting.  But maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment