Thursday 17 November 2011

Juan Zelada - The Blues Remain

I have been hovering a bit over posting this song.  When I went to see Michael Kiwanuka last week (where I also saw and posted a song by Dan Croll), Juan Zelada was the guy I missed because I arrived too late.  The song The Blues Remain, which is being touted around the radio stations is slick and the stuff of Radio 2 dreams.  Of course he's talented but I wasn't sure if it was for me.  However this version of just Zelada and his piano is much more to my taste.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EjPqMQFWS4&feature=related

We have become a bit of a global music site here at Truffler - bands and musicians with backgrounds ranging across UK and Ireland, the US, Canada, Iran, Belgium, Italy, New Zealand and now, with Juan Zelada, we have reached Spain.  Spanish born Zelada arrived in London a few years ago and immediately set about making a name for himself by creating something of a buzz around the live circuit.  Being a prolific songwriter as well as an accomplished pianist and guitarist, it wasn't long before he could be found supporting the likes of Amy Winehouse and writing sessions with members of Duran Duran.  Like Dan Croll, he is a former LIPA student and whilst there, was presented with an award for songwriting from Paul McCartney.

So I decided that by not including him on here, I was maybe being a little unfair.  I do wish I'd managed to catch his live though set as I'd then have a much more realistic view of his songwriting and performing, unspoiled by over-polished production. There is a large back catalogue of work though so if Zelada appeals to you, take a look through YouTube and his website.  I'll be doing the same.

http://www.juanzelada.com

No comments:

Post a Comment