Sunday 17 July 2011

October Sky - Hell Isn't My Home

Hmmm, don't know much about this band apart from what their press release tells me which is filled with the usual nonsense (accessible without being too sugary, talented without the ego and capable of some fantastic riffs, incendiary hard rock with stunning melodies, blah blah blah).

What I can tell you is that they sound a bit like Muse (although aforementioned press release suggests The Killers and Coldplay... nah, can't hear them in there) but I don't really want to waste time on here comparing them with other bands.

Its an ok song - interesting and not without promise.  Apparently they are becoming a bit of a household name in their native Canada.  Time will tell whether they can do the same over here.  Their album, Hell Isn't My Home, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiuLil08sfI of which this is the title track is available now.

No comments:

Post a Comment