Wednesday 14 December 2011

David Mead - The Smile of Rachael Ray

Apologies for the lack of music winging its way to you from Truffler over the past couple of weeks.  I have been having broadband problems which resulted in me not being able to listen to or research new music on line.  And now it's nearly Christmas, so I thought it might be an idea to find some Christmas songs which are not only new, but are different to the usual run of the mill types we hear year after year after year after year after year after year..... 

The Smile of Rachael Ray by Nashville based singer songwriter David Mead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJZxBoB2F4 is a rather sad little story song with not a jingle bell in sight.  It comes from David's latest album, Dudes, which was released in November of this year.  He has toured extensively over the years and has opened Joe Jackson, Fountains of Wayne, John Mayer, Ron Sexsmith, Liz Phair and Shelby Lynne.  Considering it is his 7th album, I am ashamed to admit I am not familiar with his music at all, but really must get round to checking some of it out as I rather like this track.

By the way if, like me, you have no idea who Rachael Ray is, I can tell you she is an American celebrity chef.    

http://www.davidmead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment