Saturday 17 September 2011

Michael Kiwanuka - I'm Getting Ready


Oh what bliss!  I have just got my hands on Michael Kiwanuka's new ep, of which I'm Getting Ready is the title track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlXkKCa2yy0
It is the second ep release from this talented singer-songwriter and there will be an LP release (as yet untitled) in February of next year.  I also have tickets to see Michael in Liverpool next month so I that's something I'm very much looking forward to as well.

From what I can gather from Michael's blogs, Facebook page and website, ticket sales are doing really well and at least one show has already sold out with another date added so things are looking good for him, and rightly so.   If you haven't heard Michael's songs yet (where have you been?!) then do take a listen.  His early release, Tell Me A Tale is on this blog and there is plenty of stuff to find on You Tube.  It is still difficult to believe that Michael is only 23 years old.  Vocally assured,  he sounds as if he has been around for years.  I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment